Monday, January 24, 2011

Silence Isn't Always Golden

I was hanging at the DX with Soda and Steve that morning. I was invited to tag along with Kit but I had already promised Soda I'd entertain him at work so I left Kit, Jelly, Dimitri, and Chase to have fun without me. Little did I know that "fun" would turn to hell.
It was a little after noon when I noticed I had one missed call from Kit. I dialed her number and listened to the repetitive ringing. I almost gave up when she finally answered. Her voice was nervous, on edge. I knew something wasn't quite right. "Kitty what's wrong?" I know her voice when it's sad, when it's angry, when it's loving, and I definitely know when something is wrong. It's the only part of her voice that scares me. "It's Dimitri. He was hit by a car, we're at the hospital." I felt that I needed to be there so I told Soda and Steve what was up then sped on over to the hospital. I paced down the hallway looking for Kit. When she said Dimitri had been hit by a car, I thought "Ok, he's just bruised up, maybe one broken bone. Not a huge deal." But when I walked into that hospital room, the intensity slapped me in the face. He was laying on a hospital bed wrapped in bandages and blood stained cloths, hooked up to monitors with a breathing tube shoved down his throat. I had never ever imagined him so....broken. Kit was in the room, along with Jelly, Chase, and Elena. I couldn't stand there calmly, the atmosphere bothered me too much and made me sick to my stomach. The apartment has been empty and lifeless the past few days. A place that's always known the sounds of laughter, of friends becoming family. I feel stupid sitting here and not doing anything, but when your friend is on the line between life and death, there really isn't anything else you feel like doing.

2 comments:

Dally Winston said...

dont worry he will make it..

Kitty Curtis said...

Two-Bit he's gonna be fine. He's Dim! He'll pull it through like he always does. :)