Friday, February 4, 2011

A Nice Little Night

I feel like there's been so much going on that if I go to sleep at night I just might miss something. My brain has been pulled in all sorts of directions lately and I'm sick of it, so now it's time for TwoBit to wind things down.
I feel like Kitty's been on edge lately, with her health and the wedding and all, so I decided I'd take her out. Dimitri was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon and he's staying with us since our apartment is one story and we can help take car of him and all, so I thought it would be a good time to leave him and Jelly alone for a while. It was the least I could do considering the poor guy won't be gettin any for a while HA HA. If I ever shatter my pelvis, you might as well just go ahead and kill me. He's on crutches now and can't even sit down, he either has to stand or lay down. I told Kit to put on something nice, well "Kit" nice, which consists of skinny jeans, heels, and a nice top, but hey who am I to complain?
"Where are we going?" Here came the questions, which I refused to answer.
I pulled the car up to a water tower. The look on Kit's face was priceless, I felt stupid just looking at her, but all I could do was smile. I got out and ran around to get the car door for her. We climbed up the ladder on the side of the Tulsa water tower, and when we reached the top her eyes lit up. I came earlier and set up blankets, pillows, and candles. And there was a small tray that held chocolate fondue with bananas, strawberries, and marshmallows.
We snuggled and watched the sunset and ate our chocolate fondue.
"Who knew TwoBitch Mathews could be so romantic?" She teased.
"Yeah, I suprised myself." I said.
She looked at me for a moment. "Dimitri?"
Dammit, no one sees through me like that girl. My shoulders dropped and my smile faded. "Yeah." I sighed.
"Well, at least you took the effort to try and plan a nice night for me." She smiled and kissed me.
"That I did." I kissed her again. "But it's not over just yet."
I helped her down the water tower and we got back in the car and drove to the jewelers.
"I thought we could pick out our wedding rings." I said.
She glowed as we walked inside and looked at the endless amount of diamonds lining the glass cases. We tried on ring after ring and compared prices, and after about an hour or so we made a decision and put the rings on layaway.
One more stop.....
About midnight we pulled into the park where we used to play when we were little. I pushed Kitty in the swing as I reminisced on innocent memories, back when the world was nothing more than lollipops and juice boxes.
I got in the swing next to her and we decided to see who could jump the farthest off of the swing. We got pumped up and swinging hard and then we both flew from the swings..... and landed on our asses. Well I landed on my ass and she landed on me. We laughed it off and laid next to each other in the sand.
"Kitty, I'm going to say something, but I don't want you to take it the wrong way, I'm only saying this to benefit us." She looked at me puzzled. "If we need to push the wedding date, I'll understand. You know? Maybe you need to get healthier, and I need to get a job and a good income, and ..." I trailed on till I felt her finger silence my lips.
"TwoBit, weather we got married today or twenty years from now, It's not going to change the fact that I love you, and want to spend the rest of my life with you. I rather face these things now with you, than face them now alone." That struck me deep. I knew it was the truth all along, and I completely agreed with everything she said, it made me smile just to hear her say it. "I love you too Kitty, and we're going to get through all of this, together." I laid back on the sand while she sat on top of me. My hands played with her fingers, and I stared up into her soft brown eyes, and right then I knew everything was going to be okay.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's nice dude. I bet Kitty really enjoyed that.
And I totally agree with you about the pelvis thing. That would be a major FML moment.

Jamie said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW. i think that's the first aww i've given u and kit o.O usually jelly and dimitri hog them :P good job :D
and tibbs u did have a pelvis time you weren't getting laid the entire time you've been with kit till about a month or so ago

Angela Shepard said...

Nice, bro. Excellent work, defitnetly aw worthy. :D

Jenna said...

Awwe :3
Personally I think growing up in a house full of girls might have contributed to you having a sensitive side :)

Kitty Curtis said...

Regardless of the scenery, it's the play itself that counts. :)
thanks for an amazing! night. I love you soooooooooo much and I can't begin to tell you how lucky I am.

I mean what I say. Yes, it's scary but there's no one else I rather spend it with.

Angelica Winston said...

I don't like sharing the awwwwwwws ;P