Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and not so Ugly

*knock* *knock*
It was 1am when someone pounded on the front door. Of course I wasn't anywhere near asleep, but I didn't often find people on my doorstep so late. I opened it to find a half drunk, Dallas leaning against the wall outside, bottle of Vodka in hand. He just sighed,
"I heard man." I said. "I'm sorry." I placed a hand on his shoulder.
"She doesn't want me man. She doesn't love me anymore...." He trailed on.
"Yeah she does Dal, she just...messed up. She loves you, I don't doubt that."
He just stood there, staring off across the apartment parking lot.
"Why don't you come inside... take a shower. You look like you got hit by a truck." I said, knowing it wasn't comforting at all.
"I probably did man." He turned and walked inside.

I woke up the next morning and discovered the couch empty, Dallas had left. I then decided it was time to have a talk with my sister.
I entered into a messy, loud house, and was greeted by a little Carter hugging my leg.
"Blair??" I yelled.
"In here..." I heard in response.
I found Blair changing a dirty Shiloh.
"Hey, whats up?" She said.
"Dallas showed up on my doorstep at 1 in the morning." I said.
"Is that what you came over here for? Cause I really don't wanna talks about it." She snapped.
"Blair... you're the one at fault here not him." I pointed out.
"I know I did something stupid. I know I made a wrong choice, but I'm still here, I didn't leave." Her voice raised.
"He tried to come back Blair and you wouldn't let him.."
"HE STILL LEFT!" Tears started to glisten on her cheeks.
"HE left, he made it clear how much of a disappointment I was and just left."
"Mommy...when's daddy coming home?" Carter asked.
Blair looked at me intently, "You think that doesn't break my heart? He hasn't called, or apologized for the way he acted, or for even leaving. I don't give a damn if he doesn't want me, but if he's half the man I thought he was, he'd be standing on the doorstep begging for his kids..... but he's not." Sobs were escaping so quickly from her mouth she barely had time to breathe.
I pulled her close to my chest, "It's all gonna work out B. I promise. I've known Dal most of my life and I know he loves those kids, and I know he loves you. I really think you should call him." I informed.
Her breathing slowed just a bit.
"I'll think about it." she whispered.

That evening Kitty, Jelly, Dimitri, and I went to Darry's house for dinner with the Curtis's. At the end of the meal,, just before we got up to leave Kitty made an announcement.
"Okay so you know how I said I have a surprise? Well........ TwoBit and I are having a baby!"

7 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHHH shiiii....

Another Kitty? Why do we need one of those?

Jamie said...

Omg you guys I never want kids I'll just be the cool aunt <3
Congratulations TIBBY GOOD WORK :O

Kitty Curtis said...

Well Chase, the baby won't be 100% Kitty. It'd be half and half. It'd be a Two-Kit! lol And Jamie... I'm the cool aunt! -.-

Tibbs, I love your brotherly ways, didn't know you had it in you ;) Love you, munchking. <3

Jamie said...

Not once you have kids your not xD you beome like the second mother HA! :3

J.A said...

lol @ chase haha but congrats guys and hey i call godmother i mean u guys are also god parents of christopher soo it counts haha ily guys

Jenna said...

As soon as I read that you two were having a kid I suddenly pictured an ally cat with mickey mouse ears xD congrats

Madison :)) said...

you should post :)