Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Do


"What if that was my bachelor party?" I asked referring to the movie we were watching.
"Kitten would kick my ass if that happened." Dimitri replied.
I guess it was ideal then that we didn't go to vegas, if we ended up like the guys on the Hangover, which I don't doubt we would, Kitty probably would kick Dimitri's ass....and all the other guys in the gang.
Dimitri, Chase, and I partied it up that night, drinking beer, playing video games, and eating everything in the kitchen.
Thank God Dims an early riser or I probably wouldn't have gotten up the next morning.

I was pulled and tugged and dragged along, getting into my tux, getting my hair done, and making sure every little detail was perfect. It was the longest day of my life. I wish I could have just slept in till it was time for the wedding but no, the day pressed on and on. The whole day was frantic with people running here and there doing this and that. Finally I found myself standing at an altar in front of a room full of noisy people. Music started playing as bridesmaid after bridesmaid walked down the isle, it all still felt too rushed, but then those back doors opened and suddenly it was just me and her......and some guy who asked us questions and said "repeat after me...". It came down to the vows, something I've been working on since the day we got engaged...

"I remember one time when we were little, we were having a wedding just like all little kids do... we argued on who played what part and you and I were stuck being the bride and groom. Little did we know that we would actually be playing those parts for real one day. There aren't words worthy enough to describe what I feel for you, but meeting you at this altar today will no doubt be the best choice I can ever make. I couldn't stand here with anyone else Kit, because if it wasn't you then I wouldn't want to. I love the way you smile when I tell you I love you... the way your hair falls when you wake up in the morning... the way you punch me when I say something stupid...they way you look at yourself in the mirror like there's something to be fixed...they way I look at you and see nothing but perfection. I may not have ever lived in a big house, or driven an expensive car, or even been able to afford college, but today I gain everything by giving you my heart. I love you KitKat Sarah Curtis...till death do us part."

And then there was a lot of eating and dancing and drinking and...mickey mouse? And now the honeymoon...which I am forbidden to post about, Kit's first command as my wife.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I can't believe that my big brother is married....and to a girl....I have a sister in-law......We are offically "grown-up" now :(

Angela Shepard said...

Everyone is getting married ... I feel like a loner. :P

Kitty Curtis said...

thank you for changing it. well angela, everyone is getting pregnant too, now that creeps me out. anyway, i love you Two-Bit.

and the honey moon is top secret mainly because we have to save up for that. :D but ull find out anyway.

B! WE'RE SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jamie said...

Psht I feel ya angela.
BUT AT LEAST YOUR SIBLINGS AREN'T MARRIED. I have it worst. xD

Now I'm related to Darry. :(
Kit you better be worth it. xD