Saturday, March 26, 2011

What have I done?

The drinking didn't stop, it followed day after day and I fell into a never ending haze that would lead me down a road I never meant to take.
Last week...two days after the funeral, I found myself at yet another party. No familiar faces...except one. Marcia had invited me over that afternoon and being drunk off my ass I said yes without even considering my options. I didn't expect it to turn into anything, but man was I wrong. I can't even remember who leaned in first, all I know is that we ended up doing it on the living room couch. I tried to leave in a hurry without being rude, but I instantly felt the regret...and the hurt that Kit was sure to feel. I didn't tell her right away, and so then she heard it from someone else. I'm guessing Marcia spread it around town that we hooked up, a greaser and a soc... and me engaged. I went home and drifted into my usual sulking spot on the bed until I heard Kitty come in the front door. I stood up, but she was in the bedroom faster than I could even find my words to start,
"I heard about you and Marcia." she said.
I felt the world weighing down on me. I was ashamed and so, so sorry.
"I'm sorry Kitty...I reall..." she cut me off,
"Its okay, I forgive you." She said.
It was almost too easy, I didn't quite understand, but that didn't interfere with what we did next. It didn't make me feel any better considering that I had just done it with someone else only hours before, and Kitty's response didn't make me feel like I was exactly off the hook. My mind was spinning, and I couldn't grasp the concept of who I was anymore. I'm not the cheating type, it's just not me and I don't tolerate that at all, but now I'm a cheater, something I used to look down upon, and people always tell me.... cheaters never prosper.

5 comments:

Kitty Curtis said...

Well, of course you're not off the hook. You're gonna have to work extra hard to make it up to me. ;)

Jamie said...

Haha i can see why her immediate "OKAY" would be a little scary...yeah be scared its probably a good thing :D

Kitty Curtis said...

Got that right, James.

Marcia said...

Drunk off your ass and felt immediate regret... WoW... It sure didnt seem it at the time...

Jamie said...

was he supposed to turn around and be like "that was the worst roll in the sack. like ever." to you? haha he just left. xD idk what kinda message that sends you. but to most girls its quite obvious.